The History of the Sons of
The Sons of Hermann Hall in Dallas has a long and colorful history.
The two Texas Sons of Hermann lodges in the hall today are Dallas #22 and
Dallas Lodge #22 was chartered in 1890 as Uhland lodge #22. Columbia
Lodge was chartered in 1893. In 1910 the then four Dallas lodges (out of
necessity and, more importantly, unity) pooled their resources and built
the hall at 3414 Elm. The grand opening was held in April of 1911.
The Dallas Sons of Hermann Hall is a Texas Historic Landmark. We are
very proud of it and hope you will visit soon.
We are very fortunate to have many life-long members of both lodges
willing to share their memories of the Hall in days gone by. We hold
the stories told by these members, some of whom first visited the hall as
infants, as precious and priceless. The Historical Committee is
assembling an extensive collection of Sons of Hermann Hall memorabilia.
Come by and have a look! We'll post some of it here as the
Please visit the Sons of Hermann Hall soon. Better still, join
our family and become a member!
(Many thanks to Brother Pete Baerwaldt and the Historical Society for the
history of the Sons of Hermann Hall)